Saturday, August 22, 2009

To The Strongest Woman I've Ever Met...

I'm dedicating my first and last blog entry ever to the bravest woman I've ever met...



Dear Celeste,

I Wish…

You didn’t have to weep for Tanner when he was stuck with Jaundice for 6 weeks

You didn’t have to weep for Logan when he couldn’t hear your voice

You didn’t have to weep for Chase when he was surgerized his first day of life

You didn’t have to weep for Elizabeth when she got her wings a little too early

You didn’t have to go through the pain of C-section and not take home your ballerina

You didn’t have to get your hopes up for 7 months before He took her back home

You didn’t have to put your only girl to rest in a hillside memorial

You didn’t have to go home and see the pink onesies

I could find an explanation

I could give you clarity

I could squeeze you hard enough to take away the pain

I could make you laugh again

I could be as strong for you as you are for me

I could give you everything you deserve

I had your strength, bravery, faith, conviction, understanding

I could make it alright

I had the answers




Over the past 9 years, we’ve cried a lot, we’ve fought a lot, we’ve laughed a lot, we’ve loved a lot. You absolutely amaze me with your strength. You truly are my superhero. You are the bravest woman I have ever met and have gone through more challenges and heartache than any other mother I’ve ever met. I know these wishes won’t come true and that makes life really unfair, but the truth is that I have you as my eternal companion, so for me, that makes the imbalance of life just fine. I know that I am nothing without you and you’ve made me the man I am today. I love you more than I ever thought possible and thanks to my little angel Elizabeth for making me realize that.

24 comments:

aSHleY said...

Jake, these are very beautiful words. Celeste, you truly are an amazing woman. We are very amazed by the strength in the Lord displayed by both of you. We love you both.
Mo and Ash

PriceFamily said...

Celeste, I very much admire your strength. Jake is so truly blessed to have such an amazing, strong women. She will be watching over her parents and brothers. We love you!
Krystal and Matt

Angela said...

Jake,
Wonderful words....Celeste and You are both blessed to have eachother...the bond does increase because of the heartache...Jim and I experienced that too. So glad to know that our angel Evan is with your angel Elizabeth...we are here for you...it is a long, hard road to travel...but we are on that road too...days do get brighter...light does come back...laughter can fill your heart again. Let the Lord and his angels wrap you up in their warm embrace. We love you guys.
Angela and fam

danielle said...

Celeste! I love you so much and I have always admired you for the person you are. You are a strong person and an amazing mother. I have learned so much from you. Love you

Lindsay said...

Jake and Celeste,
We are so sad and heartbroken to hear about your loss. We are praying for your family everyday. We love you and know the Lord loves you and will help you get through this difficult time.
Love,
Lindsay and Dan

The Bode Family said...

Jake- You AND Celeste are both amazing. I admire you so much as partners and your children are very blessed to have you both. Your post makes my heart smile. Thinking of you all during this tough time.
Melissa

Life these days...... said...

I look up to both of you! I love you guys so much! Wish i could be there with you!
Thank you Jake for that. That was very sweet and true!

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The White Clan said...

Celeste, I need to tell you that you have been on my mind a TON over the last few days. My heart aches for you and your family. I am so sorry you have had to go through so much. But I can tell you that you are one very special woman. Heavenly father sent these children to you because you are such a rightous mother for all eternity. All four of your children are very blessed to have you both as parents. I thank you both for your powerful words and your wonderful testimoies of the gospel.
You are all in our prayers.
Chris and Kacey

Heidi said...

How much does a family have to go through? You have definitely had more than your share. We are praying for you all here in the UCLA ward. You are amazing parents to have been chosen to already have a child worthy of the celestial kingdom. Thinking of you....The Clayton's

Alicia said...

Our dear friends...we have cried with you and prayed for your family. Your words have been so touching, and we have felt your saddness and heartache and yet we also feel your amazing stong testimony of the gospel. We pray the lord will continue to comfort you and give you peace.
Steve and Alicia

The Whites said...

What a beautiful dedication to such a wonderful women! I think the same of you! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure it must be painful. I miss you a ton and think about you often. You will be in my prayers. Please let me know if you ever come up this way so we could get together. Love ya, Kim

Ryan and Emily said...

You sure are one lucky guy, Jake. Celeste is one strong momma! May the Lord continue to comfort and strengthen you guys during this difficult time!

Patty said...

Jake and Celeste I just heard about what happened and I am SO sorry...
I know you guys are blessed for all you do and our Heavenly Father is truly watching you. The words of you both were deeply touched... I just want to let you know you'll be in our prayers. We love you.

Jyl... said...

You two are truly inspiring. We love you lots and know that we are thinking about you and wish we were there to give you a big hug.

LOTS OF LOVE -
Jeff and Jyl

Emily Andrus said...

Amen Jake! Celeste handles all of this with a lot of grace. She is a great example to me!

Melissa Youngs said...

Celeste...our prayers are with you and your family. You all are truly beautiful people and will be with little Elizabeth again one day. many hugs your way!

Kim said...

I just left you a note on your FB and then read this post and am crying again...thank you Celeste for your amazing example. You all will be so richly blessed throughout the eternities for your faithfulness throughout such difficult times.

kimbo said...

Celeste and Jake,

I am in tears to hear about your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience and reminding us what this life is about. I will be praying for you. Celeste, you really are an amazing woman.

Love,
Kim

The Boohers said...

Thinking about you every day. Jake is right on that you are an amazing lady. Thank you for all of the times you lifted me up when I was down, and I pray that you can feel lifted up the same way you've helped so many others to feel.

Perry Family said...

Celeste, I think (and always have thought) that you are extremely talented, have amazing gifts of relating to people, helping them and most of all being such a wonderful friend. I can only imagine the kind of mother you are to your children. I hope the Lord is carrying you (and Jake) through this overwhelming and difficult time in your life. This kind of sorrow, losing a child, is the hardest and I pray you can find peace again soon.

Roadrunner said...

You both are wonderful.

Jean said...

Both of you are so perfect for each other and inspiring to others around you! Thank you for the beautiful words.

ashleigh gallagher said...

oh, my goodness celeste, i just want you to know how much love my heart feels for you and your beatiful family!I miss you!!and yes you are such a strong person for going through these trials that have been given!I know of loss , i lost my beautifull mom 3 years ago,i can now relate to people who have lossed such greatness in there life! But arent we so blessed to a wonderful understnding of our fathers plan!my sister experinced the exact same thing as you and delivered a beautiful boy, after reading your blogg i can feel even more and understanding even more of what she went through. Thank you for helping me feel this! I know that you have lots of support ,just like i had ,isnt it unbelievable how people just reach out! well I love who you are and I know that you are truely blessed!! RHett and I wont you to know we love you!! love the Gallaghers...Rhett Ashleigh, Briggs, and Bennett

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers