Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chores, Chores and More Chores...


(CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE)


When I posted this a few weeks ago, I received 6 emails and 2 comments asking how we worked Tanner's allowance. Sorry it's taken me so long to post it.
For Tanner's allowance we have an allowance chart. I put a mark in the box each time a job is completed and at the end of the week he gets his money for each job that was done. He has three jars; spending $$, tithing $$, and mission fund. He puts 10% of his earnings into tithing, another 10% into his mission fund and the rest is spending money.



We also have "chore stars" with each of the kids chores. The stars are jobs that they do everyday. Since Logan can't read, his stars have pictures of his chores on them. When they have completed each chore, they turn the stick over, in their jar, to the "done" side. (This all sounds more complex than it really is)



7 comments:

Jen H. said...

Thanks Celeste for the great ideas! You are a great mom with such fun and creative ways to teach your kids!

kimbo said...

Thanks for sharing. What a great way to do chores. I especially love the stars with pictures. I think I know what I'll be making this week. :)

kimbo said...

Oh! I just the "no whining all day" chore. I love that one. I'd be willing to pay $1 (or more) for that! :)

Kristi said...

Great system. thanks for sharing!

Emily Andrus said...

You are so creative and organized with the chore stars! Thanks so much for taking such good care of Kevin. You guys are the best....and you totally sold him on Florida. Now maybe I'll be able to come around to the idea of moving clear across the country.

John and Sheri said...

You're so creative. Where do you come up with all these great ideas. I think your blog will be my source for parental guidance.

Patty said...

WOW! How can you been so creative?! The "chore stars" is so cute. You are the best!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers