On our way to Vegas for the holidays, We stopped at a Taco Bell for a snack. When the T.B. (that's short for Taco Bell, not tuberculosis) employee asked Jake if he would like to donate a dollar to feed starving children, he said, "Yeah, why not." I gave him a hard time because he used my cash from my monthly grocery budget. I explained to him that I was running short this month and he should have asked me first and so on and so on. Jake says, "Honey, listen to yourself. It was just a dollar and I just fed a starving child, you should be ashamed of yourself. " I kind of laughed at myself for being so stupid and was awfully embarrassed when I realized the employee had heard our conversation. I guess that is just a natural reaction to money being spent when you are living off loans! :) And the worst part, Jake bragged about his "good dead" for the next hour or so! Oh give me a break...
Friday, January 25, 2008
a dollar to spare?
On our way to Vegas for the holidays, We stopped at a Taco Bell for a snack. When the T.B. (that's short for Taco Bell, not tuberculosis) employee asked Jake if he would like to donate a dollar to feed starving children, he said, "Yeah, why not." I gave him a hard time because he used my cash from my monthly grocery budget. I explained to him that I was running short this month and he should have asked me first and so on and so on. Jake says, "Honey, listen to yourself. It was just a dollar and I just fed a starving child, you should be ashamed of yourself. " I kind of laughed at myself for being so stupid and was awfully embarrassed when I realized the employee had heard our conversation. I guess that is just a natural reaction to money being spent when you are living off loans! :) And the worst part, Jake bragged about his "good dead" for the next hour or so! Oh give me a break...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Theres my dog!!! hahahahhaa so glad we found your blog. It was on Jeff's........is it cool if we add you guys to our list?? We need to get together again soon Jake......with all of the family. Talk to you soon.
lol, too funny Celeste. I have actually done that same thing with Jaren. He had a phone call asking him to donate money to something and I gave him the hardest time. (As I'm yelling we can't donate anything our bills need to be paid first- as I'm sure I was overheard). He begins to tell me the cause and why it's worth it and that we will be okay. A few dollars won't hurt anything he always says, there's always money somewhere. Like I don't know that? Somewhere meaning our student loans that keep adding up. Men, they just think they are making the big bucks already while we scrimp at the grocery store always using coupons, and buying store brand lables to save a penny. Soon, it will all pay off!
Post a Comment