Friday, August 31, 2007

"I can't, I'm on the ground!"

Cat in the Hat, with Michael Meyers, was on TV the other night, so I recorded it thinking that it would be cute for the kids to watch...well, some parts are a little mature for a 5 and 2 year old. Anyway, Tanner picked up a funny idea from the movie and decided to try it with Logan, who does what ever his older brother tells him to do. He attempted to "hang Logan up" with a hanger, like the Cat does to the babysitter in the movie and when it didn't work, he just hung him up (on their bedroom door), by his shirt. I had sent them to the playroom to play while I did the dishes and when I heard a frightening squeal from Logan, I ran in the room. Tanner had used a chair, propped up on their table to get Logan up there. I wanted so much to take a picture, but I didn't want Tanner to think this was funny. After I calmed Logan down, I preceded to scold Tanner, who clearly knew this was not OK. I told him he was "grounded" for the rest of the night. Later, I heard him yelling out the window to some friends, "I can't play, I'm on the ground" This is the second time he has told his friends that he is "on the ground", I'm sure their parents are beginning to get suspicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...we need a picture of that. too funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

i didn't mean to click anonymous
It's Taeya

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers