While one of our routine visits to the hospital we were caught off guard when the nurses asked us if we wanted to take Chase home today! We were pleasantly surprised. I have been fighting and fighting with the doctors and nurses trying to convince them to release him. The only reason he was still needing to stay in the hospital was because of the TPN. When I found out that I was capable of doing those treatments at home, I felt there was no reason for him to remain in the hospital. The nurses told me they were shocked to hear me say that because most parents don't want to deal with home treatments so they prefer to keep there babies in the hospital until they are well. That breaks my heart.
Sean Young put up this banner in our apartment with some balloons to welcome our little guy home. Thanks, "Uncle" Sean, we love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment