Wednesday, September 08, 2010

still in shock...

well, we found out the big news two weeks ago...it's a boy!  i honestly was not expecting that.  i thought for sure we had a little girl growing in there.  i've known with each of my 4 previous pregnancies what we were getting, so i thought my intuition was right once again.  could it of been that my heart desperately wanted a girl after losing elizabeth?  maybe.

as i sat there starring at the ultrasound screen i felt relieved that everything looked great and right on track.  of course, that was our main concern.  but then, as she told us it was a boy, i was confused.  i felt like i no longer knew who this little fetus was growing inside me.  knowing that we were told that this should be our last pregnancy, my heart ached that my chance having a little ballerina twirling around our house was no longer to be.

my 3 boys have been praying for another baby sister, i wondered how they would take the news.  T said he could hardly believe it and L and C are still in denial! :)  we had so many girl names...but are having a hard time picking the perfect name for this little guy!

we love this baby and are impatiently waiting it's arrival!  we know he will be a special addition to our family.

11 comments:

deb said...

Another Cragun boy?!? Ah, that's awesome!! Congratulations!

deb said...

PS did you take that picture before you were even pregnant? Where is your belly??

kale said...

Hi Celeste, I feel very happy to know that you, pregnant again, I have followed closely her previous pregnancy, but you must be sure that my family and I, we will be in continuous prayer for her new pregnancy, a greeting to all his family and many blessings!
I hope my English is not so bad after jejeje ...
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations celeste. i have been thinking about you a lot during this pregnancy! what a loved little boy he will be. :)

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Totally jealous of your beautiful nails!! Congrats again... he will be so handsome just like the rest of your boys!

courtney said...

love your post. been thinking of you, congrats :)

jaredandjen said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys.

Laurel said...

so exciting! We think of you guys often- Ry misses all his dental buddies. Congrats on the upcoming baby BOY!

Michelle said...

Hey, it's Emily Andrus's friend. I had to comment when I checked your blog for the first time in months today! I am the one that lost our little boy in January. We are also pregnant again and due in December. We found out in July that we are having another boy as well! That makes 4! It's hard to be disappointed when you just want a live baby, but it is a tiny disappointment.
I also read your earlier post about this being a stressful pregnancy. I have ups and downs. Right now I am feeling pretty good, but at one point it got so bad that I actually had an anxiety attack. It's hard stuff after a loss. Just know I understand exactly how you feel.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Celeste! You guys make beautiful children! I bet in your future you'll have lots of grandbabies that will be girls you can look forward too! I'm so excited for your new arrival! You are really a perfect mom for boys because you are such a great women. Any girl will be lucky to have one of your sons as a husband!

Greta said...

I found your blog via Carly's blog. Though I haven't lost a daughter, I totally understand the desire to have a girl and feeling disappointed (though feeling guilty for the thought). I actually wrote about his very topic on my mommy blog...
http://transparenciesofmotherhood.blogspot.com/2010/09/transparent-moment-gender-envy.html

Blessing to you and your family. And congratulations on your 5th baby :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers