Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Where's my sweet baby boy?


So I have been having difficulties with little Chasers for the past 4-5 months. It's like nothing I've experienced with my other two children. When Chase started to develop a personality, around 6 months old, we completely thought that he was going to be our cheerful, easy going, calm boy. Nothing seemed to bother or upset him. Well, since then we have seen a complete turn around and I'm finding it to be my greatest struggle as a mother. He seems to have a scowl on his face every waking moment. He walks around hitting everything and everyone. He picks up items that are at his reach and chucks them across the room. He screams at anyone that comes too close to him... all for no apparent reason. Nothing seems to bring a smile to his face.

I feel some of his issues may be from a lack of being able to communicate--which is my fault. I think we have neglected working with Chase on talking due to the emphasis we have put on Logan getting his speech mastered. We have tried to give Chase extra love and one-on-one time so he doesn't develop that 3rd child syndrome...but we are at a lost. Tonight when I said his individual prayer with him, I began to cry and plead with my Heavenly Father to help me understand better what I need to be doing to bring some happiness to my little boys life.


At first I thought it was a stage or maybe the terrible two's starting early, but it has become slightly deeper than that. He is literally screaming, crying or throwing a fit the entire day. I feel like a bad Mom that I watch the clock waiting anxiously for his nap time or even worse, put him to bed an hour earlier than normal just so I don't completely lose it.


This morning Tanner asked me why Chase is "always mad at everything". I told him that maybe the move and the new house was upsetting him and that we all need to try extra hard to help him feel better, but really, I didn't know the real reason why.


Anyway...just something I needed to get off my chest.

12 comments:

betsey said...

Sounds like you are doing everything you can! Keep up the amazing work Celeste, you are one of my mommy idols!

The DeVito's said...

wow! I'm worried about that with Bella, she is a little cranky too! I'm sure you've already thought of this, but have you had him checked by a dr? Maybe he has tummy problems or something is hurting him.

Nikki said...

Celeste, I am so sorry to hear Chase is going through this. If it makes you feel any better I think he is one of the cutest darn kids I have ever seen.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Holly...
we actually just talked about that last week. We are waiting for our insurance to kick in, here in Florida, then we are definitely going to discuss this with the doctor. You're right, it could be his issues from birth.

The Thomases said...

Celeste, I wish I had words of comfort to offer other than you are amazing! Keep it up girl! When we have cranky boys added to our family I'll be calling you for help!

P.S. Thanks for the LFO flashback!

Heather said...

Celeste, It's Jake's cousin, Heather. It sounds like the same thing happened with our little guy...he was a nightmere for about 7 months and we found out that he had constant fluid in his ears and 6 ear infections in 6 months but never showed me signs of it. (pulling ears, fevers, etc.) We just had tubes put in his ears and my life has just changed dramatically! You should get Chase checked out...

Anonymous said...

Hang in there- everything will eventually pass. I think babies internalize more than we think they do. Alot has happened with the move and maybe it's affecting him more than you think. I have no advice- just hang in there and give lots of extra snuggles!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hang in there- everything will eventually pass. I think babies internalize more than we think they do. Alot has happened with the move and maybe it's affecting him more than you think. I have no advice- just hang in there and give lots of extra snuggles!

xoxo

Lynds said...

Celeste, I always find your name on all my friend's lists, and like to look in every now and then. I think you are such an amazing mother. I thought dental school was hard with one and then one more the last year, and am in awe that you did it with 3 and a great attitude. Your boys are so lucky to have a mother like you, especially Logan. Good luck in Florida and with you little guy:)

Alesa Larsen said...

I am going through the same thing with Hailey. She has been incredibly grumpy. I finally took her to the Dr for a regular check up. Turns out she has an ear infection. Probably has had it for months. No wonder she has been cranky. Good Parenting, huh?

Taylor said...

yeah, we've been starting to wonder the same things about Beau -- we can't seem to make him happy these past few weeks. He used to be the super happy, always smiling child as well. Hope it gets better soon, and if you find out any tricks, pass them along! All the best...

Lofgrens said...

While not the same, at least you can know (and now I know to)that you are not alone. As of the last month or so, Trey has been so "not-nice" (to put it lightly) to Jada. I can't even turn my back on the two of them for a minute without him hitting her, pinching her, pushing her... I am the same way some days - watching the clock til Trent gets home so he can deal with him, or at least give me a break! Good luck - hopefully brighter days will come for him soon!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers