Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm officially out of the running for "Mom of the Year"


The boys need friends! I think spending all day, every day with each other has finally drove them crazy. For the past week they have been fighting over everything and today I had had enough. So after completely destroying their rooms this morning, the perfect punishment was to lock them in the rooms until they were clean! Tanner said to me, "Mom, I think this is the meanest thing you have ever done to us. We are not very happy with you."




4:21 pm...





6:39 pm--finally finished ...


The reward for not killing each other during those two hours, was a soccer night and popcicles with Dad...


8 comments:

Jacy said...

I think you are officially IN the running for mom of the year for this one! You handled that perfectly. Your boys are so adorable, and I have no doubt you could take most (or all) of the credit for that.
Just wanted to say hi and hope you're enjoying Florida. We're loving the new apartment here!

Libby said...

i don't know tanner but i love him! he always says the best things! i am sure he keeps you laughing.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! You are definitely a great mother, especially if you can get your boys to CLEAN like that! More impressive, look at those organized closets. I need to get to work!

Life these days...... said...

that;s great! tanner looks tall!

jaredandjen said...

Wow, that really is amazing that you can get them to clean their room. I'll have to remember this for a few years from now. Speaking of stir crazy, I know Sam has had about enough of me. Moving is tough but soon enough they'll have more friends than they can count.

Kim said...

My kids are also sick of each other! I can't wait for school to start! I am very impressed...they did a great job cleaning up....my girls think they clean up by finding all new places for everything to go...drive me crazy!

Heidi said...

No way I can be in the running either - that was me and my kids last week and now the rooms are messy again. Gotta love it!

Karina said...

hey celeste i sometimes look at your blog to see how your family is doing and i wanted to tell you that i know some people that live right outside of gainesville that maybe you guys could make friends with. She is a friend from bonanza but i don't know if you knew her or not. her name is dawn fox (now dawn sims) she is married with a little boy 18 months old. if you guys are looking for people to meet she is a stay home mom too. just a thought. i'm not sure what ward they are in but i could find out for you if you like.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers