Thursday, June 19, 2008

6 days and 2410.91 miles later...

I posted about our time here in Florida, but I thought I'd share all the in between time that was so much fun. The kids received an overall grade of a B for their time spent in the car. And call me crazy, but I wouldn't be totally against doing it again!

After Jake's Graduation (which we are grateful to Jake's parents, sister and Gma Helen for making the big trip for) we packed up the truck and left the next day. Our first over night stop was in Phoenix, AZ and then we traveled to San Antonio, TX to visit with Jake's brother, Chad, his wife Molly and their three kiddies. We were there for 4 days. We spent two days at Sea World and the rest of the time getting Jake's car to work and fixing the rear AC in the SUV! Thank you so much to the "other Craguns" for being such great hosts.

(SORRY FOR THE PICTURE OVERLOAD)


Jake's graduation dinner...PF Chang's in our old bedroom, Thanks, PaPa Hal!


Aunt Jessie, Jake and Gma Kelli trying to get our security deposit back!


First stop, Phoenix!



Logan and cousin Troy!




SEA WORLD...













The Famous, River Walk!



Our next over-nighter was in Louisiana...interesting place! Then we woke up that next morning and finished the trip until we arrived home!

5 comments:

The White Clan said...

Okay so I have to tell you that we did the drive to Alabama while I was 7 1/2 months prego. And I didn't think it was to bad either. We did it in 4 days, and with just the two boys. The drive home on the other hand was not as great. We were ready to be in our beds and not living out of suit cases.
I am glad you arrived safe. It is an interenting drive. You go from desert, to flat and nothing, to grassy green, to water, marshy, and lots of trees. And crzy as it sounds I would do it again too, but I would prefer a motor home. Oh congrats on the house too, that is fantastic.

Jen H. said...

You should have told me you were stopping in Phoenix you could have bunked at our place! I've only drove across the country with T.J. and I, I can't imagine having the kiddies along you guys are awesome!

Jen H. said...

You should have told me you were stopping in Phoenix you could have bunked at our place! I've only drove across the country with T.J. and I, I can't imagine having the kiddies along you guys are awesome!

Katie Anderson said...

I'm so glad you guys made it and everything is great. The house looks like it will be a fun place...wherever the Craguns are is a fun place! We miss you guys...Hayden especially misses Teacher Celeste. I love the pictures and it will be fun to see what goes on with you guys over the next little while.

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous of your stop in San Antonio - I love that place and I haven't been since I was a teenager!! I want to take Andrew so bad!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers