Friday, February 08, 2008

Tanner's New Year's Resolution

Tanner: Mom, I wish I was Chinese.

Mom: Why do you wish you were Chinese?

Tanner: Well, because they have two new years. They get to have the America New Year and they have the Chinese New Year, and the years are always a different animal. This new years is about a rat. Plus, they have black hair and I like black hair.

Mom: Well, I like your brown hair. It goes good with your eyes.

Tanner: Plus, their writing is a lot of shapes, instead of letters. I think that's cool.

Mom: Well...

Tanner: Oh, and one more thing I like Chinese food. It is better than america food.

Mom: What "america" food is not as good?

Tanner: Well, like tacos, pizza and jello. I mean, I like those foods, but Chinese food is kinda better. Mom, I'm going to have another new years "rez-lution".

Mom: What is that?

Tanner: To be more Chinese

Mom: (chuckle, chuckle)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

that is hilarious! My kids love chinese food too!

Kaymee said...

What a cutie! I love it!

The Thomases said...

I'm with Tanner. The Chinese do have a lot of cool things. Except for the year of the rat, can't it be the year of the lamb? I don't want my baby to be a rat.

Kim said...

Seriously, that is so cute... Kids say the darndest things!!!

Life these days...... said...

Well, it proably does't help that 99% of the kids he plays with at ur apartments are chinese!
lol, he is so funny!

aSHleY said...

I am going to go with Tanner's plan for another New Years. I have not kept to any of my resolutions for this year but if I go with the Chineese New Year I am only a few days behind. Love this story.

Karolyn said...

I think Mila would like to be Chinese. She told me again today, something like this, "Full Hi Nen Choy." I think it's Happy New Year in Chinese, or at least that is how Mila remembers it.

jaredandjen said...

How cute! Kids are so funny.

Carolyn said...

That is so cute! I love it. What a fun boy you get to hang out with.

Rick and Janae said...

I love Tanner!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers