Saturday, January 05, 2008

"Mom, Santa is really busy tonight. I don't think that is really him"

Christmas Eve was spent in Lehi, Utah at Jake's Uncle Clay's house with Jake's Family. There was a big snow storm that night and Tanner was really worried it would hinder the big man from delivering his gifts. Right after we did the annual acting out of the Nativity and opening of the new PJ's, we hear a knock at the door. The kid's ran to the door and were surprised to see a jolly man in a big red suit. I saw right away that Tanner was less enthusiastic than the rest of the cousins. He watched Santa very closely from his shoes to his hat. I asked him if was excited to see Santa and he said, "Mom, Santa is really busy tonight. He doesn't have time to come here. I don't think that is really him." Before I could answer Santa had sat down and called Tanner up to his knee. He pulled a big Escalade toy truck out of his velvet bag and whispered something in Tanner's ear. When he came to show me what Santa gave him he had a big grin on his face. "Mom, I changed my mind. I think that is Santa." When I asked him what Santa had whispered in his ear, he told me he couldn't tell me. I later found out that Santa told Tanner that there was a special present waiting for him under his tree in LA. It was too big to bring to Utah, so he left it there. I guess that is what Tanner needed to convince him he was real. (Let's just say that Mom -a.k.a "Santa's Helper" had hid Tanner's most wanted gift so well, that she forgot to pack it for Utah. So Dad asked Santa to tell Tanner the small bit of info regarding that toy. Worst Mom ever, I know!!)

No comments:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers