
Tanner really wanted to play basketball this year (like his uncle Tyler), but the only program for 5 year olds was filled up. We found the "Junior Lakers" Program at the YMCA, but the age requirement was 6. The coach said we could try it, but he may not be ready to play in the 6-7 year old league. They had a evaluation day to determine teams and would evaluate Tanner there. The week before, Jake and Tanner worked hard on his dribbling, passing and shooting. I didn't want Tanner to feel the pressure, so I told him that they might not have a team for 5 year olds, but that we were going to check. After the practice, the coach said that Tanner would be fine playing with the older kids and he was placed on a team. I was so proud of him and he was really excited. He said his new year's "rez-lution" was to be good enough to play on G-pa Steve's Toro team one day (Grandpa has an all-star team in Las Vegas of 8-10 year olds).
1 comment:
go toros
~Ty Boyack
Post a Comment